Having one of the best massage chairs at the home is a luxury and it can certainly help you in pain management. Apart from pain management, a massage chair can also help you in relieving stress. But do you know that there are certain things that you must take care of while using a massage chair? Well, here are some of the points that you should take care of while using the massage chair at home or else even your best massage chair can cause you discomfort.
- The frequency of Massage – There are a lot of people who question the frequency of massage. Well, it is not advisable to go for a massage once or twice in a day rather, a person should restrict the use of massage chair to 3 to 5 times a week. Too much of use of massage chair can cause muscle fatigue as well. Always remember that the frequent massage and the massages at the high intensity may cause spinal injuries.
- The intensity of Massage – A lot of people have a misconception that the massages with the high intensity are always better but this is not true. The intensity of the massage should be kept at a medium level and if you have any sort of injury then you must keep the levels low. Using the massage chair at high intensity can cause a spinal injury or it can even lead to pain in your body. You can increase the intensity of the massage if you are comfortable with it.
- Time Duration – The time duration of the massage is always a point of concerned for most of the people. The ideal time duration is 20 to 30 minutes and anything more than that should be avoided in a single session. This time is enough to relax your muscles and always restrict the time duration to the above-mentioned duration so as to avoid any sort of muscle pain or injury.
- In Case of Injury – If you have an injury then you should ideally stop the use of massage chair until recovery but if you think that you have body ache which can be resolved with a massage then you must only use the massage chair at low intensity for not more than 10 minutes. It is always better to consult a doctor in case of prolonged pain or any injury.
- Pregnancy – In case of pregnancy, use of massage chair is strictly restricted. This can be really harmful and hence do not use massage chair if you are pregnant. It could also lead to several complications for the child as well as the mother. Always consult a doctor even while using a massage chair post-pregnancy.
These are some of the factors to be considered while using a massage chair so that your best massage chair 2018 remains to be your favorite. You must also ready the user guide and instructions before you start using the massage chair for the first time.